Thursday 3 July 2008

The dark side....

I would say that at least 90% of my purchases these days are vintage/second hand. I like that I am in effect, recycling by wearing second hand clothes and that I am also breaking free of the habit of buying cheap unethically produced clothes only to wear them once then set them aside. For that reason I avoid Primark as I know at first glance something might look lovely but after one wash and a few wears its lost its condition and appeal.

So well done me. Ha. I wish I could congratu
late myself but really I mostly buy vintage because I love 1940's/50's fashion and love owning something unique. The fact that I am being more ethical/green is a happy by product...it's a start though.

But...and this is perhaps a large but, I still t
rawl sites like Topshop, Warehouse and Oasis as sometimes these shops will produce some vintage inspired gems and just generally lust worthy items. It's not often I do buy clothes from the high street but if I do I will make sure it's a quality item that I know I can get a lot of wears out of. Avoid cheap materials and badly cut clothes as a little tip...

So onto what has brought out the above musings...the newest offerings from Warehouse
This is the 'Twist Knot Dress' from Warehouse, priced at £45. See now in a lot of ways this isn't quite me but something about its simplicity is really alluring. I can imagine wearing it with my loafers and ankles socks for a relaxed day look.....

I also really like the strapless party dresses Oasis are offering at the moment. This burnt orange one has caught my eye.....



This is £65..... Oh not to be broke!

No comments: