Tuesday 26 August 2008

I wish....

H&M did online shopping. Not only so I could buy their clothes without leaving the house but because on the rare occasion I do splurge in there I could blog easily what I have bought!

Anyway I recently did break my self imposed shopping ban and did splurge in H&M oops. I feel a little guilty as I am trying to be good and buy second hand plus I shouldn't be spending money. However I really needed to er 'update my look' however ridiculous that sounds but I was just getting sick of my vintage dresses (god forbid but unfortunately it has happened!)

I will have to take some pictures the next time I wear my purchases out as posing in my house just doesn't cut it and I feel ridiculous!!

Basically I bought 2 items which are rather short. A lot shorter than I would normally wear and I was at risk of flashing my derriere to all and sundry. My solution to this was to wear some splendid what katie did gingham knickers, pictured below. They have great bum coverage and looked pretty with my pink skirt! I wore white tights underneath in a kind of superman style ha ha! This set is currently in the sale at the site!


These bloomers would have been even better and I am still very tempted by them however in the end I have purchased the black satin version (the last picture) as I think these will be more versatile to wear under my new short items! What Katie Did is a great vintage reproduction lingerie site, I've bought bullet bras and other bits from there and the quality is very good.
These bloomers should be with me soon so I'll have to try out their suitability and report back. I know a lot of people wear hotpants under short things but I'm not really that sort of girl plus I really like big pants! They are also good for wearing over a suspender belt which I think is what has been done in the photo, I think it looks really nice and would definitely make me get more use out of my suspender belt.

I'd gotten out of the habit of looking at underwear sites but suddenly I find myself creeping back...dear me.

No comments: