Friday 6 February 2009

Sonia Rykiel

My usual routine of checking online clothes shops nearly every morning rarely inspires me much. I always check Asos even though I've been told their quality is bad but if I do see a nice dress or skirt I know it will be ridiculously short! (sort it out Asos, I don't really like flashing my bum to everyone even though i'm sure it must happen on occasion...)

After being rather depressed at the acid wash and sacharine florals of Topshop and Miss Selfridge, I did my usual jump to Asos. This time I decided to look at the 'new in' designers and was rather surprised to see that they've just begun stocking Sonia by Sonia Rykiel. I've always been a casual admirer but after swooning over items in various Parisian department stores last year I became a bit more of a fan, her coats in particular looked gorgeous!

So after looking at what Asos had stocked I was a little deflated, none of it was really 'must have'. I decided to go to the mothership, soniarykiel.com where I found many more delights in the Sonia by Sonia Rykiel range. They'd been styled much better as well, Asos had a go but it wasn't quite down.

Here are some screengrabs from the Sonia Rykiel website (spring/summer 2009)



Muuuch better! I found the lace trimmed shift dress (above) at Matches, here. It's £268 :-(

Perhaps it's a little early to be thinking about Sunglasses but s/s09 ones on the Rykiel website are gorgeous! (couldn't find any stockist for these online, I'm sure they're pricey though!)


Bow shaped!


Pearl Rimmed!


Frilled!

All screen grabbed from the Sonia site.

If you want to have a look at what Asos are stocking, click here!


1 comment:

Cait said...

I think I would just about kill for any one of those items!